In February 2001, Carleton University awarded RECL the Construction Management contract for the renovations to the H.M. Tory Building (originally constructed in 1958). The project involved the demolition of all elements of the existing building including the exterior cladding. Certain elements, including the stairwells, mosaic artwork on the exterior of the lecture theatre and the travertine flooring were maintained and restored as part of the project. The completed project features a new building envelope, state of the art mechanical and electrical systems, and modern finishes. The building currently houses the University President, the Admissions Department, classrooms, conference rooms, lecture theatres, and the biology teaching and research lab.
Architect: Edward J. Cuhaci & Associates Architects Inc.
Interior Designer: Edward J. Cuhaci & Associates Architects Inc.
Structural Engineer: Sauve Boucher & Associates Inc.
Mechanical Engineer: Goodkey Weedmark & Associates Ltd.
Electrical Engineer: Goodkey Weedmark & Associates Ltd.